House Portraits

Monday 14 May 2018

My Sketchbook Diary, Week 18 - featuring Peddler Market, Mad Men and a little bit of disco dancing!

Hello!

I'm back with my sketchbook diary, I'm sorry it's been a while! As you know, I'd been renovating my old house and it was taking aaages. It was really hard splitting my time between that and getting newly full time freelancing off the ground, so in the end, I wrote off the month of April to get the house finished once and for all. It was tough, but it was probably good for me to switch off from work things and just focus on that. I'm so glad to be back to my work (full time for real, finally!) but I've got some catching up to do on here!

I've been keeping up with my sketchbook but not the blogging. So I'm going to post last weeks and then backtrack a little at a time. Despite all the grotty cleaning jobs and pain-inducing decorating (yes, really! I'm on Naproxen!) there has been some mega fun times to fill you in on! I had an amazing trip to New York, a fun weekend in Copenhagen and I'm oh so grateful for the sunshine we've had! So watch this space (well, maybe scroll backwards every now and then!) to see what's been keeping me quiet.

Thankyou so much for reading my blog. I know commenting on blogs is a bit old school but I'm an old school person really - I would love to hear what you think!

































































It was great to get back to a working routine this week and get ready for my first Peddler Market of the year. For anyone who doesn't know, Peddler's takes place in Kelham Island at 92 Burton Road - a big warehouse building with some outdoor bits too. They get different gorgeous food and drink stalls in and several artists/makers each month. It gets super busy and has a great atmosphere!

I was excited to show my new extended collection of Sheffield Mini Prints! Previously, the 'Kelham Collection' featured Alfred Beckett & Sons, The Chimney House, the Kelham Island Tavern and Green Lane Works. I've been working on some new prints to add to the collection, which now also features the Fat Cat Kelham, the Three Tuns, the University Arms and the much loved old Henderson's Relish Factory. You can click on the names to see them in my Etsy shop.



You'll also spot we went to Blue Moon Cafe in Sheffield. I love this down to earth cafe, they serve different vegan and veggie mains with a choice of healthy side salads, a good spot in the city centre for when you're fancying something healthy!

Lastly, we went to a lovely wedding reception where I took a spin around the dance floor with my lovely other half, Lee! He's got some really good moves.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment