House Portraits

Thursday 21 November 2019

Hello! Oh goodness, I can't believe it's mid November already and spreading the word about my pop up shop as well as preparing for the workshops (as well as creating new stock!) is proving to be a real juggling act. 

It's less than two weeks to my Pop Up Shop  so I thought I'd share my current round-up from my newsletter - to give you a whistle stop break down of what's going on and when. You can sign up for my newsletters here - I like to make them fun and personal, but I am pretty terrible for not sending them out often - so I promise you won't be spammed!

From the 2nd-8th December, I'm hoping to bring the Winter Gardens Pop Up Shop to life with some creative workshop activities - a chance for everyone to get involved and get a bit festive with me! See below for details and feel free to email me if you have any questions.





I'm so happy to have teamed up with The Better Together Project - a community project that is organising a free Christmas party for people in Sheffield who are likely to be spending the festive season alone. Throughout my week at the pop up, you can drop in to make and write a card - and the lovely people at The Better Together Project will be giving them out to their guests. Click here to find out more.





Next up is Let's Draw Sheffield! Another free activity where you can come along and draw your favourite building or place in Sheffield and add it to a giant map I've been busy illustrating. The collaboration will be made into prints after, which will be sold to raise money for a local charity, to be announced very soon. To keep updated, please visit the Facebook event here.




As well as the free activities, there is also one ticketed workshop on Sunday 8th December. Create Your Own House Portrait will be collage focused, with materials I've illustrated and collected to reflect the architecture theme of my prints. You can create your own home, favourite pub or shop, as a handmade gift or to keep for yourself. Ticket price is £15 and includes a free collage pack to take home. Space is limited so please book soon if you'd like to join us! Visit the event page to find out more.





Last but not least, there are some shiny new things on the way to join my range of prints and products at the shop! Though my main hope for the pop up is for the community to get involved in the activities and to create a lovely (and little bit festive!) atmosphere, I am still very excited to share some new items I've been working on too. Please keep an eye on my Instagram or Facebook for updates! 



No comments:

Post a Comment